Purchasing & Reimbursements
Travel & Entertainment
All reimbursements must now be submitted via direct entry. The new system is really straightforward and easy to use and the time to reimbursement is significantly shorter. We are more than happy to answer any questions you may have and can also process requests for students and those without access.
If you need to buy something, please use BearBuy! You don’t have to use your own credit card. Purchases under $1000 are auto-approved, (under $5000 for catalog orders) making the BearBuy process much faster.
What is a service? Paid labor performed by another person such as laptop repairs, bookstore operation, transcription, translation, use of security guards, transportation, computer programming, clothing rental and cleaning, tests and analysis, film processing, and service and repairs to: office equipment, transportation equipment, laboratory and medical equipment, and musical instruments.
You cannot purchase services with your credit card per Univeristy policy. If you purchase a service without an advanced purchase order, you will likely end up footing the bill, because you are no longer allowed to ask to be reimbursed for services.
Contact our Purchasing Supervisor Latara Harris or our Team Lead Elaina Fernandez-Hutchinson if you need help. Some of these can be done quickly if the vendor is in the system already.
Typical Processing Times
- As of April 14, 2019, all low-value catalog (under $5K) and non-catalog (under $1K) orders that are filled out correctly will be auto-approved same day. Visit BearBuy Training to learn how to submit orders correctly.
- All other requests will be processed within 5 business days from the time the Requisition is submitted to when the PO is created. This time does not include RA and Org node approvals. However, note that during fiscal year end and before curtailment, these service levels do not apply and the processing time may be longer.
- Vouchers, including match exceptions, will be handled within 10 business days. According to Accounts Payable, most vouchers are Net 30 and will pay out after 30 days. Checks for approved vouchers are cut on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
PO closures/emcumberance clearing
Standard processing time between 7-10 business days.
- High volume requests and requests outside of the current timeframe (e.g. previous fiscal years) will be processed between 11-14 business days.
Please attach a spreadsheet with high volume PO closures listed.
Send all PO closure requests to POcloseProS@berkeley.edu.
Standard processing time within 48 business hours.
Helpful Tips and Guides
- Creating a receipt is required for 3-way matching or every invoice will fall into match exception (e.g. take longer to process). So please create a receipt in BearBuy.
Frequently Used Account Codes
- 55030 office supplies
- 55040 general supplies
- 55016 lab supplies
- 55101 computer supplies
- 56729 services
Names link to their campus directory listing for contact information.
|Department or Group||Purchasing & Reimbursement Financial Services|